Monday, April 16, 2012

Normality

Hello Family!

This week has been pretty normal. On Tuesday we had Zone Conference which was awesome as always. We talked a lot about using the less active members to find people to teach and at the same time help the less active members come back to activity. We also talked about teaching shorter lessons which I think will help us be more productive. We talked about different ways to find people to teach like through family history or doing service. There´s a lot of stuff that we´re supposed to be doing right now and sometimes it´s hard to take it all in and apply it but we´re doing it little by little and I think it´s going to pay off.

I was able to do a baptismal interview this week for the sister missionaries in my district and it was way cool. I think sometimes God gives you a little extra spirit in situations like that. The lady was pretty nervous so I had to spend a lot of time trying to help her feel comfortable and then we had to review a couple things to help her feel more prepared for her baptism. A lot of time the people are way prepared but they don´t feel like it so we have to help them see that they really are. At the very end she was still trying to kinda put off her baptism for a couple weeks so I was just like, alright, let´s say a prayer and ask God. And she did, and afterwords I was like alright, how do you feel? Do you think God wants you to get baptized this week? And after that she chose to do it this Saturday instead of putting it off. It was a way cool experience.

Other that that this week both Elder Hibbert and I have been a little under the weather so it´s been hard to stay excited because we´ve just felt sick and without much energy haha. But, we´re feeling better and I think next week we´re going to have a great week. We really want to try to find more people to teach because right now the main people we have need to get married and that takes a while here in Argentina. The good news is, the lady of one of the couples we´re teaching has started warming up to us (now that she has it clarified that we don´t worship Joseph Smith, that we celebrate birthdays and it´s alright to drink soda) haha. She still feels like the Book of Mormon is something super foriegn so we´re going to keep working on that next week.

In other sad news, I kicked that ball you sent to me for Christmas over the fence while we were playing today and so far we haven´t been able to find the people home so I´m a bit nervous/disppointed it could be gone forever. We´re going to go back and see if the people are home in a little bit so keep your fingers crossed for me will you? Thanks.

Welp, with all the love of a fence just a couple feet too short,

Elder Lounsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment