Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Winter Didn't Give Up

Yeah remember how last week I said spring had come already? Well, I jixed myself because this week winter decided to come back. So that wasn´t too fun. Someone my companion and I got sick again. Luckily it wasn´t as bad as a couple of weeks ago but it still made for some pretty miserable days. Pretty much someone in every companionship in the zone was sick this week so we suffered a little bit from that. This Sunday we had the priveledge of witnessing the rededication of the temple in Buenos Aires. It was pretty cool to take part in that. There were no regular church meetings so we had to go to the stake center to watch the rededication on the projector and screen over there. Also, on Saturday there was a youth cultural celebration that we also got to watch which was pretty cool. They had a lot of dances from Argentina so it was pretty interesting to see all of those. So far we haven´t had any baptisms this month and this upcoming week has some possibilities but nothing is certain so we´re starting to get kinda worried. We had a meeting with the whole zone on Tuesday to convey to them everything we learned in Consejo from President that went pretty well. There are a couple trouble Elders who have zero respect for others so it´s been good practice of loving everyone equally haha. We had a good meeting with the district leaders on Sunday about how to keep helping the missionaries do everything that President has been taeaching us that also went pretty well so we´re really hoping this week we can get the push that we need to start seeing some baptisms. I think being sick and the whole not having regular church meetings kinda messed us up so hopefully this week will be the bounce back. We´re getting super close to having a couple of baptisms in our area. They are seriously soooo close, they´re just kinda waiting to feel more ready and sure about it. So we´re going to be working with them a lot this week to actually make stuff happen because they´ve kinda been like that for a while now. But they are making gradual progress so we have that to be happy about. All of the days kinda blur together and I can´t even think of other stuff that has happened since last time I wrote. We´re still getting to know a lot of less actives but we got to know a lot more this week so we´re making some progess with that at least. Oh and last P-day we played some good ol´ american football. I don´t know how not playing for almost two years helped me, but I threw some pretty dang impressive touchdown passes if I do say so myself. Apparently not playing for so long taught me how to throw...I thought dad would be proud of that. I´m excited to beat him in some Turkey-ball ;) With all the love of leather, Elder Lounsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment